Make a Little Gem
It's common knowledge that a girl cannot have too many bags. It’s also common knowledge that ASG members rank very high in the creativity stakes. Here’s an opportunity to show us what you can do. You won’t need metres of fabric and you won’t break the bank purchasing supplies. What you need is:
- The Little Gems pattern by Moments Designs (https://www.craftsy.com/profile/moments-designs)
Shop owner Liz Schaffner has agreed to offer this pattern at a discounted price from 24th to 27th August – 4 days only so mark it in your diary now. Of course, if you miss the sale you can still buy the pattern at full price which is under $10 AUD.
- Minimal amount of fabric. Raid your stash of leftovers from other projects.
- Zipper(s) and optional bag hardware, depending on which pattern variation you choose. Read the pattern instructions.
The pattern offers four variations but you can mix and match at will.
Use fabric, leather, faux leather, cork, lace, embellishments, tassels, bag bling, embroidery or whatever takes your fancy. Make it elegant, fun, bright, funky or glamourous. Let your imagination run wild!
WARNING: This pattern is addictive. I bet you won’t be able to make just one bag!
When your bag(s) is finished (yes, you can enter more than one):
- Take some pictures (front, back, inside, close-ups).
- Email your best photos (maximum of 3) to email@example.com
Each photo must be at least 1000 x 1000 pixels
- You must be an ASG member to enter so include your member number in the email.
All photos will be posted to the ASG blog where viewers can vote for their favourite, just like the Castaway to Couture competition. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 entries with the most votes.
1st prize - $100 gift card from Maai Design, $75 gift card from LeStitch Bag Boutique
2nd prize - $100 gift card from Voodoo Rabbit, $50 gift card from Handbag Hardware Australia
3rd prize - $125 gift card from Echidna Sewing Supplies
Competition closes 30 September 2017. Voting commences 5 October and ends 30 October 2017.
Photos can be submitted any time so don’t wait until the closing date to send them in.
Looking for inspiration? Click an image for closer inspection.